Friday, May 13, 2016

Best way to haul half cubic yard of compost in your small car!!!

Even though I am lazy! looking for good dirt or compost. after searching high and low I found the place I can get good compost. but the delivery charge was very high. so I convinced my husband to get compost. I want at least one cubic yard compost. so my first problem was don't have big truck. so we did two trips. our small car could hold half cubic yard, which is a total of 25 sand bags.( don't try garbage bags)

                                             

so what you have to carry if you are getting soil or compost like us tarp and sand bags. we had 25 sand bags and they all were filled with compost. so first we lay down the tarp.

 

our little helper

Needless to say, Hubby did really great job! 25 bags, lots of shoveling, It took us hour n half long, it was very hot day.

our little one had really fun. after done with all compost we had to load those bags into the car.
really hard work. So the next week, again we went back for our second load of compost.

No comments:

Post a Comment