Thursday, May 5, 2016

Growing Tomatoes

After sowing seeds for my salad, I was thinking to grow royal vegetable "Queen of Vegetables" yes tomato but sadly I don't have anymore raised bed another thing I am late to grow toamtoes from seeds. but I really wanted to grow tomatoes as well.
  so while I was doing my groceries at Costco! saw some Whiskey Barrel planters. can you guys believe What I Just saw tomatoes plants!!! I was like a kid who got her favorite candy. so I bought three whisky barrel planter and three tomato plants.( I wanted to buy actually five plants and five planters) but I took baby steps! so I got two tomato plants San Marzano ( roma kind of tomato) and one early girl tomato plant. this time I got potting soil from Costco as well.
whiskey barrel planter
                                                                         potting soil
tomato plants
in my raised bed I did Luxury Blend( soil mix) but this time I did little differently I used
one part potting soil
one part compost
one part vermiculite
along with Bone meal, Blood meal, Garden Gypsum, Epsom salt and little bit espoma tomato tone
all done( forgot to mention make some holes before planting bottom of whisky barrel planter)
after 4-5 week now they looks like see picture below
EARLY GIRL
early girl
early girl

 
 
SAN MARZANO
san marzano
  
  •                                           

 

No comments:

Post a Comment