Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cinder Block Raised Bed

I decided to go with cinder block ones, because easy to install. so I went to lowes to get my supply, man these are really heavy for me( I am petite) well after loading and unloading full instillation job done with in two hours. after that I put inside my raised bed cardboard boxes. now the fun part to fill my raised bed. I choose to go with Mel’s Mix. if you don't know what is Mel’s Mix basically
  • 1/3 vermiculite or perlite
  • 1/3 peat moss or coco coir
  • 1/3 compost
  • so I got big bags of vermiculite from home depot( I went three shops lowes,osh,home depot) only home depot has big bag of vermiculite in my area. got peat moss from lowes and compost ( did 2-3 days research after that found one place to get good compost) of course with the help of hubby lots of shoveling I got half cubic yard compost.

    mix everything together along with worm casting,blood meal, bone meal, garden lime and plant tone fertilizer. finally we are done with our first raised bed.
    thanks you so much hubby!!!( he had no idea what the heck I am doing) .
     




     

    2 comments: